Set on 5 pristine acres with magnificent views of Mount Scanzi and the surrounding escarpment, Jumulu Lodge has to be seen to be believed. Built to exacting standards in 2021 by a husband and wife builder/architect team, the new owners have reimagined the property to create an eco-friendly resort-style private lodge just 6 minutes by car from Kangaroo Valley village.
The house is beautifully anchored by a stunning pool and spa and an expansive entertaining deck. It has been uniquely designed to bring guests together in communal zones, whilst also providing private spaces to relax and unwind.
The decor is warm and inviting - each piece immaculately picked with a view to evoking the luxury and comfort of a 5-star African lodge. The property is a magnet to the local wildlife – with three resident wombats (Wilbur, Warwick and Walter) and many kangaroos, wallabies and native ducks enjoying the grounds and dam.
• 4 bedrooms
• Master bedroom with large ensuite and double shower, walk-in-robe and private covered deck
• Family bathroom with separate bath and shower
• Large open plan lounge/dining/kitchen area with wood fired heater (firewood provided May- September)
• Separate living/media room leading to private covered deck
• 2 large screen televisions with streaming services
• Immaculate fully equipped kitchen, including butlers pantry
• Large outdoor entertaining deck with remote controlled vergola and Heston Blumenthal
• Stunning swimming pool and spa - Please note: The spa is gas heated using its own dedicated gas
bottle (as the property is not connected to “town gas”). To ensure there is sufficient gas for enjoyment
of the spa,
it is set up for guests to enjoy 1.5 hours each day and currently begins heating to 37°C (98.5°F) at 5pm
each day. It should be toastie warm by about 5:15pm and should stay warm for about an hour after the
heating automatically turns off (longer in summer). Please speak to Kangaroo Valley Getaways if
changes to this set up would be preferred. Costs for additional gas supply may apply. To ensure
optimal operation, guests are also requested not to change any of the pool or spa settings.
• Outdoor shower (cold)
• 2 outdoor fire pits
• Dam (enjoyed by the native ducks)
• Under-floor heating and cooling across the entire home
• Ceiling fans in all rooms
• Complimentary Wifi, including wifi calling given the lack of mobile reception
• Dedicated landline
Please note that this home is brand new, in pristine condition and is a no smoking house. Pets are not permitted at the property.
There is a strict no party policy and all guests are asked to please respect and treat the property as they would their own home.
A video doorbell is located at the entrance to the property. An entrance gate and driveway security camera is also planned.
Guest numbers are strictly limited to 8 people, including children.
For additional guidance and assistance to help guests with their stay, please also refer to and follow the other information about the property and its use located just inside the entrance of the home.
Important note regarding wildlife: Jumulu Lodge is a 5 acre property that is home to several resident wombats, many kangaroos, wallabies, ducks and other birds that freely roam about the property particularly in the late afternoon and early evening. The wildlife scare easily so PLEASE DRIVE VERY SLOWLY at low speed and be on alert for the animals.
The Fine Print:
The rates calculated by this website are estimates only and may not include discounts or special rates. Rates are based on up to 8 guests. All rates will be checked by our staff.
- Please note a non-refundable Booking Fee applies to all bookings.
- A Security Bond is processed as a credit card pre-authorisation with all bookings.
STRA Permit ID: PID-STRA-38307