New Listing - Luxurious & peaceful farm cottage
Connect with the country and soothe your soul - Nestled between the Cambewarra Range and the Pacific Ocean lies Hanigans Cottage, an historic 1920s farmhouse that has been upgraded to a luxury standard whilst remaining soaked in character.
Season Rates, Fees & Conditions Apply
Kangaroo Valley Accommodation
- Bedroom 1
- Kingsize 1
- Bedroom 2
- Kingsize 1
- Bedroom 3
- Single 2
Nestled between the Cambewarra Range and the Pacific Ocean lies Hanigan’s Cottage, an historic 1920s farmhouse that has been upgraded to a luxury standard whilst remaining soaked in character. Surrounded by dairy farms and with a stunning view out over the lush pastures to the mountains, you can feel the stress melt away as you take in the clean country air.
Just over 2hrs drive from Sydney and 2hrs 45 from Canberra, Hanigan’s Cottage suits couples and families alike. The cottage sleeps up to six in three luxury appointed bedrooms, with two living areas and a bath with a view to die for, whilst outside a full acre of lush green pasture provides space to relax and spread out.
The kitchen has been set up for the country gourmet, including a high-end Nespresso machine, all the equipment you need to use the abundance of local produce to create a simple meal or why not try that recipe you have been planning for ages? The eat-in kitchen, with it’s wood burning heater, is at the heart of the house and comes equipped with everything you need.
The bathroom has an oversized tub and is perfectly positioned to capture the view and every ounce of colour and light from the region’s glorious sunsets - a glass of champagne or your favourite beverage is all that’s needed to turn this from an ordinary bath into a luxury experience.
Two stylish living areas provide the space to sit and relax, with new LCD screens to watch free-to-air TV, Netflix, and a host of streaming services, all supported by high-speed NBN access. A range of family-oriented DVDs will keep the little ones occupied.
There are several outdoor spaces to enjoy. A serious BBQ with hood and all the equipment needed to create outstanding pizzas (including a simple and wonderful recipe for pizza bases and topping suggestions). Enjoy your meal on the outdoor dining set or grab a chair and drink and enjoy gorgeous sunsets around the large firepit (complete with grill, if you want to try cooking with fire). Stay as long as you like with outdoor lighting allowing you to stay outdoors beyond sunset.
Exploring the farm paddock, you’ll find Hanigan’s Shed, complete with Hanigan’s Sundowners Bar, along with a table tennis table and other great games for all ages to play in the yard.
The local area is also rich with potential experiences, including wineries such as The Silos, Coolangatta Estate, and Two Figs all within a few minutes drive. Shoalhaven Heads provides a patrolled beach at the southern end of world-famous Seven Mile Beach. The beautiful villages of Berry, Gerroa, and Gerringong are close by, whilst further afield lies the stunning Kangaroo Valley and the natural beauty and wonder of Jervis Bay. Nowra provides a solid base for shopping, provisions, and restaurants.
Hanigan’s Cottage is pet-friendly, with a fully-fenced yard to keep your fur babies safe. We’re happy for you to bring your dogs and cats as long as you clean up after them and keep them off the furniture.
Hanigan’s has been delighting holiday makers for many years and we are excited to re-introduce this original cottage to you with a luxury update whilst keeping original features. We are in the process of redecorating the cottage and so the photos you see are from a previous set up. But don’t worry, you will love what we have planned! Check our Instagram page for the latest on the redecoration [@HanigansCottage].
Hanigan’s Cottage includes the following features:
- Bed 1: 1 x king bed - this room also has a wardrobe and chest of drawers
- Bed 2: 1 x king bed - this room also has a wardrobe and chest of drawers
- Bed 3: 2 x king single beds
- Wood burning heaters, one in the kitchen/dining and one in the 2nd living area
- Beautiful oversized bathtub with stunning views, situated in a newly-renovated bathroom
- Nespresso pod coffee machine and milk steamer - a starter box of pods will be available for every booking
- Gourmet kitchen (recently renovated), including sharp knives and chopping boards for the creative chefs, plus recipe books and tips on where to get the best local produce
- Table tennis table, finska, and the "Hanigan's Sundowners Bar" in the big shed, perfect for cocktail hour watching the sun set behind the mountains
- Large-screen TV with sound bar, including Netflix and other streaming services
- NBN broadband access at 20mpbs and wifi throughout the house for those needing to work away from home
- Kids playroom with separate TV, streaming services, DVD player and a selection of family-friendly DVDs
- Board games and some older-style Nintendo/PS4 games
- Beautiful views out to the mountains, surrounded by the serenity of dairy farms
- 10 mins to Berry, 5 mins to Nowra, 15 mins to Shoalhaven Heads beach
Air Conditioning, Balcony, Bar, Bathroom, Bath Tub, Bedrooms, Broadband, Child Friendly, Coffee Machine: Nespresso - some pods provided, Combustion Fire, Covered Outdoor Area, Crockery and Cutlery, Dining Room, DVD Player, Fireplace, Firepit, Furniture Outdoor, Games, Garden Area, Gas BBQ, Kitchen, Linen, Lounge, Microwave Oven, Oven, Parking, Pets Welcome, Porch/Deck, Refrigerator, Shower, Stove, Television, Toaster, Views, Wi-Fi, Enclosed Yard.
To select dates, and check price please use the Check Availability link above.